This is an 8 x 32 LED matrix display. It uses the HT1632C controller IC and an Atmel ATMega8 microcontroller clocked at 8 MHz. It provides a TTL serial interface. Simple commands make connecting to things such as a PC or Arduino easy. It displays in red and comes with the installation screw pack.
This is a programmable unit and offers a diverse range of functionality making it capable of displaying messages, images and simple animation.
Main Features incude:
- Simple text based commands
- Left, Right, Up and Down shifting
- Shifting in - from the edges towards centre
- Shifting out - from centre towards the edges
- Fill, Empty and Invert screen effects
- Flashing by inversion
- Display Twinkle
- Delays and speed controls
- Brightness control
- Plotting Dots and Drawing lines
- Nested Repeat loops
- Custom fonts
- Transferring text and fonts to eeprom. Data not lost when power off
- Endless buffer mode. Live feed from sending device with buffering
- Live mode. Allows live feed from sending device without buffering
- Live mode also has a frame by frame display.
- Stores 400 bytes of data.
Note the serial interface is at 5v TTL levels. This makes it simple to connect it to microcontrollers, Arduinos etc. To connect to a PC you will need a level convertor such as: Foca v2.1 FT232RL Tiny Breakout or PL2303 USB To TTL Module.