South Trader shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of clients. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
South Trader may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Clients:
- Name and surname
- E-mail address
- Postal Address
- Contact number
- Company Name
- IP Address
South Trader collects, stores and uses the above mentioned information for the following purposes:
- To provide you, the Client with a more personalized service
- To improve the Clients online experience by eliminating the need for re-entry of details each time they transact
- With the Client’s consent, inform the Client about competitions and special offers from South Trader.
- To verify the identity of the Client when transacting with South Trader
- To correspond with the client in connection with their order.
- To ensure that the goods are received by the addressee
Information detailed above is provided voluntarily by the Client.
South Trader may collect, maintain, save, compile and share any information collected from Clients, subject to the following provisions:
- South Trader shall not disclose personal information from Clients unless the Client consents thereto
- South Trader shall disclose information without the Client’s consent only through due legal process
- South Trader owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by South Trader.
Disclosure of information
We will keep your personal information confidential, and will not supply it to any third party without your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
We may on occasions use third parties to process your information on our behalf. In this instance, we will require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own business purposes.
We will not share, rent or sell your information.
Please note that if you remove our cookies, you may not be able to use our site as effectively.
Due to the fact that our site uses a commerce package, a forum and various other plugins, it is possible that this software also collects cookies and it is beyond our control.
All payments made on our site by credit card are processed via by PayFast.
In order to become a PayFast certified merchant, we had to undergo the full FICA process.
All confidential information between you and PayFast will be via encrypted webpages. For further information regarding this, visit PayFast
If you are under 18, please make sure you have your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Children under 18 must not provide us with personal information without this permission.
Third party websites
Updated April 2012